Get set to enjoy two jam-packed days of thought-provoking seminars, workshops, and discussions. An extraordinary lineup of experts and successful practitioners will share ideas, information, and advice to help you improve your skills and navigate the future of your news organization. You will learn about best practices, new tools, new approaches and experimentation, and new initiatives underway at papers in our region and the industry. There are plenty of informative sessions to choose from that address the critical issues and exciting opportunities that newspapers face today.
- Visit with industry suppliers that offer solutions to help your news organization thrive in today’s challenging media environment.
- The Academy of New England Journalists’ luncheon on Friday at noon will honor five current journalists and one historical figure with the prestigious Yankee Quill Award (see honorees here)
- The Friday evening Convention Cocktail Reception will include the awards celebration for winners in the advertising, circulation, and marketing categories of the New England Better Newspaper Competition. Join us for cocktails and fun at 5 p.m., followed by the awards ceremony at 6 p.m.
- Six new inductees into the New England Newspaper Hall of Fame will be honored for extraordinary accomplishments throughout their careers at the Friday evening dinner. Don’t miss this opportunity to pay tribute to these newspaper industry heroes who are an inspiration to us all. The cocktail reception begins at 6:00 p.m. and dinner at 7:00 p.m, followed by the induction ceremony. (see honorees here)
- The New England Better Newspaper Competition Awards Banquet takes place on Saturday evening. Join us for cocktails at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. and the journalism category awards presentation honoring the very best journalism in our region this past year.
The session line-up and speakers will be announced in early April. Here are just a few of the workshops and panels you’ll see at the convention, with more to come:
- Reimagining election coverage
- Launching a News Lab
- How to use podcasts to expand audience
- Climate coverage initiatives
- Tools to increase audience engagement
- Fighting to keep Public Notices
- Make NFTs your new revenue stream
- Newsletters to drive engagement
- Strategies for successful new-academic partnerships
- New Funding initiatives you should know about
- Visual storytelling
- Experimenting in collaborative storytelling
- Interactive journalism