The New England Newspaper and Press Association awards up to 10 scholarships each year to aspiring journalists through the Journalism Education Foundation of New England. Our foundation strives to encourage and support young people who plan to pursue a career in the newspaper industry.
The application deadline is extended until April 1, 2022.
College students or high school seniors who are studying and acquiring work experience that will prepare them to work in the field of journalism are eligible to apply.
For more information contact email@example.com.
To qualify students must:
- Be a resident of New England
- Must be a senior in high school or an undergraduate college student, studying journalism or a related field, planning to attend college in Summer or Fall 2022.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate a serious interest in a career in journalism by sending: a cover letter, transcript, resume or biography, letter of recommendation, AND a body of published work in a school news publication, general circulation newspaper, or a similar publication AND/OR a body of work prepared for a journalism class
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to sign in to Google to upload documents.
- The deadline to apply is April 1, 2022.