Each year the New England Newspaper and Press Association awards up to 10 scholarships to aspiring journalists through the Journalism Education Foundation of New England.
College students or high school seniors who are studying and acquiring work experience that will prepare them to work in the field of journalism are eligible to apply.
To qualify students must:
- Be a resident of New England
- Be a senior in high school planning to attend college the following year or an undergraduate college student studying journalism or a related field
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate a serious interest in a career in journalism by sending:
• a cover letter, transcript, resume or biography, letter of recommendation, AND
• a body of published work in a school news publication, general circulation newspaper, or a similar publication AND/OR
• a body of work prepared for a journalism class
Newspapers that are interested in promoting the Journalism Education Foundation of New England Scholarship may download the scholarship ads by clicking on the button below.