Participation in the contest is a great way to show off your best revenue-generating work, reward and recognize your advertising, graphics, and production staff, and share ideas so we can learn from each other!
There is no limit on the number of entries per category, except in Advertising General Excellence. Newspapers are eligible to compete in six classes:
- Dailies with circulation under 15k
- Dailies with a circulation of more than 15k
- Weeklies with circulation under 5k
- Weeklies with a circulation of more than 5k
- Specialty and niche publications
- News Services and Online News Sites
Publications interested in joining NENPA can find out more information at this link.
Work published by NENPA member news organizations during the contest year, August 1, 2022, to July 31, 2023, is eligible for this competition.
The final deadline to submit entries is Monday, December 11, 2023.
Download the information packet and you will find all of the information necessary to prepare your entries, including a list of competitive categories, complete rules and guidelines, and the criteria that each contest category will be judged upon. You can find additional information on preparing entries – such as how to make PDF files smaller, extract particular pages, and how-to combine several PDF files – on the Frequently Asked Questions page at the end of the packets.
Promotion Division – Download Information
Reminder – the association code to access the contest portal is NENPA and you’ll need to register for the platform even though you may have been registered last year (the system gets wiped clean between contests.) Also, both the email and password fields are case-sensitive.
Link to contest platform: https://newspapercontest.com/
The awards will be presented during the annual New England Newspaper Convention, which will be held at The Waltham Westin Hotel on March 22-23, 2024. The special room rate of $149 per night is available to book now!
Advertising, Circulation, and Promotion Categories:
- Local Display Ad, Black and White
- Local Display Ad
- Color Local Online Ad
- Most Creative Use of Small Print Space
- Advertiser Campaign
- Themed Multiple Advertiser Page(s)
- Best Sponsored Content
- Best Native Advertising
- Automotive Display Ad
- Real Estate Display Ad
- Best Holiday Ad
- Best Health Ad
- Newspaper-Designed Advertising Insert
- Best Integrated Campaign for an Advertiser
- Special Section / Advertising Supplement
- Events Online/Virtual
- Business Innovation
- Best Digital Revenue Building Idea
- Excellence in Revenue Collaboration and Partnerships
- Best Idea for Generating Revenue
- Best Ad Designer
- Advertising Director/Manager of the Year
- Advertising General Excellence
NEWSPAPER MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- Advertising Sales Media Kit
- Audience Building Promotion
- Classified Promotion
- Specialty Publication Promotion
- Digital Product Promotion to Advertisers
- Digital Product Promotion to Readers
- Advertiser Promotion for Special Section
- Niche Publication
- Pure Ad Niche Publication
- NIE Program / Promotion
- Newspaper-Sponsored Event Promotion
- Subscription Sales Promotion
- Subscriber Retention Program