The deadline for news organizations interested in partnering with Report for America to host emerging and experienced journalists in their newsrooms is Sept. 30.
Report for America is a national service program that places talented journalists—corps members—into local newsrooms to report on under-covered issues and communities. Through the program, host newsrooms receive:
- Service-minded reporters, photographers and videographers
- Diverse, hand-picked candidates from a pool of emerging and experienced journalists
- Subsidized salary support, up to half for the first year
- Local fundraising coaching and resources
- Extra training and mentoring for journalists