NENPA maintains this job bank for journalists, editors, publishers, journalism photographers, newspaper ad sales, and more. Find or post all newspaper-related jobs and journalism jobs here. Browse through newspaper employment opportunities that are available throughout New England.
Posting a Job
For NENPA Members
Member newspapers may post journalism and
newspaper job openings for FREE.
Post a job openings for $400 per listing.
Purpose of Position
The Sun is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic multimedia general assignment reporter with a focus on education coverage.
- Must be able to produce accurate, compelling written and visual content with a digital-first approach.
- Must be able to produce high-quality photos and video.
- Accurate, compelling stories on deadline.
- Coverage areas include breaking news, government, schools, business and features.
- Must excel at community engagement and audience-building through social media.
- Professional use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Ability to work nights as needed.
- Knowledge of digital news media and reporting normally acquired through the completion of a degree and 2-3 years of experience.
- Video editing/photography skills.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Instagram for professional use.
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should contact News Editor Corey Fyke at email@example.com. Please provide links to samples of your best work.
Posted November 2017
Vice President of Sales
Boston Business Journal
The Boston Business Journal is seeking a leader, team builder, and a driver who thrives on growth and results. You must be a motivated and passionate sales professional with management experience to lead our highly professional, deeply committed, and enthusiastic team of advertising sales representatives. They are seeking a powerful, creative, dynamic, and inspiring leader who will expand their sales expertise and will actively sell alongside them.
The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative selling and coaching skills. He or she is experienced in developing successful, integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events.
- Generate advertising and sponsorship revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly and annual goals.
- Oversee audience revenue goals which includes bulk digital enterprise licenses; reprints, ancillary products, etc.
- Manage and develop five multi-media sales professionals and oversee two audience development sales professionals
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Represent Boston at company-sponsored and community events.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Five+ years consultative sales experience to senior level executives.
- Digital media sales experience.
- A strong track record of consistent revenue growth.
- Effective time management skills.
- The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in MS Office, Excel and Salesforce.
Qualified applicants can forward a resume to:
The Boston Business Journal’s mission is to provide local business leaders with news essential to running and growing their businesses. For advertisers, it’s an ideal and efficient solution to reach their target audience. Boston media professionals focus on quality journalism, innovative marketing and exemplary customer service. The Boston Business Journal is owned by American City Business Journals of Charlotte, N.C. ACBJ owns 40 business publications online and in print across the country that offer exclusive, in-depth business coverage.
In addition ACBJ owns and operates SportsBusiness Daily, SportsBusiness Daily Global, Inside Lacrosse, and Hemmings Motor News. ACBJ is a division of Advance Publications, Inc.
American City Business Journals, Inc. and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Posted October 2017
RJ Media Group is a 5th generation, family owned media company operating in Central Connecticut and Southeastern Connecticut/Southern Rhode Island. We publish 2 daily newspapers, 7 community weeklies, 2 websites and employ 125 people in two locations. We are seeking a dynamic leader who is motivated to play a key role shaping the newest division of our company, HOMEBASE Digital. HOMEBASE will be a full-service digital agency, offering marketing solutions that fuel business growth in our communities.
This leader on our senior management team will help build our strategic plan for HOMEBASE and then execute the strategy. He/she will be actively involved in sales and fulfillment as they build out the team to align with our growth. For a seasoned digital media executive with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to be a part of a fast-moving company focused on growth, without the corporate grind, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Managing Director will be responsible for leading the agency team, including revenue generation, post-sale fulfillment, training, market research, customer service, vendor review/selection and the P&L. He/she will assist and coach the sales force in effectively selling digital media campaigns. The Managing Director will also proactively identify new digital sales opportunities as well as ensure optimum advertiser performance with online campaigns.
- Create the annual HOMEBASE Digital revenue and expense budgets.
- Lead marketing efforts for HOMEBASE Digital to increase brand awareness in support of sales goals.
- Maintain awareness of local competitors in the marketplace, always striving to improve the competitive position of HOMEBASE Digital.
- Manage direct and indirect reports to achieve revenue/expense budgets and other goals.
- Stay abreast of regional and national trends via involvement in industry associations and other relevant groups.
- Attend community and professional events as necessary.
- Lead revenue generation activities at the senior level, prospect for new business and work through the sales process to close business.
- Develop & sell HOMEBASE products and programs, demonstrating value to new and existing customers.
- Ensure HOMEBASE Digital media consultants meet or exceed monthly digital sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with sales team and other sales management to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
- Provide support, coaching, training and digital product information to sales team.
- Maintain a customer-first environment with a proactive commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Manage campaign performance and advertiser satisfaction throughout the campaign.
- Manage retention efforts to ensure customers are not lost while acquiring new accounts.
- Maintain awareness of trends in campaign fulfillment and adjust HOMEBASE Digital fulfillment structure to meet changes in sales volume and industry advances.
- College degree required.
- Five years digital media management experience, with social media skills required.
- Computer skills required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable with a player/coach position, especially in the early stages.
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
- Ability to drive others to achieve desired performance objectives.
- Technologically savvy with a keen interest in all things digital.
- Ability to manage and interpret data.
- Results oriented with an understanding of profit & loss, ROI & pricing sensitivity.
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
If this sounds like your next job, email resume, cover letter & salary requirements to Liz White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted September 2017
The Newport Daily News in Newport, R.I., is seeking a full-time copy editor to join its team of experienced journalists. Applicants should have a college degree and experience in text editing, headline writing and page design. Applicants must be fluent in InDesign and Photoshop. The ideal candidate also will have knowledge of digital and social media.
Send cover letter, resume and samples of your work (headlines and page designs) to Managing Editor Jon Zins at Editor@NewportRI.com or P.O. Box 420, Newport, RI 02840. No phone calls please.
Posted August 2017
The Daily Hampshire Gazette is seeking an Advertising Director with high energy, proven success in driving revenue, and a passion for the media business to fill a position in beautiful Western Massachusetts.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a seasoned leader with the ability to motivate, educate, and guide a sales team with a variety of levels of experience.
- Have the ability to develop and execute sales plans to achieve digital, print, niche, and event revenue goals.
- Have the capacity to analyze market conditions and develop sales strategies to achieve revenue targets.
- Have the collaborative spirit to work with the news organization’s management team to achieve company goals.
Other qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful advertising management experience.
- Experience budgeting and goal setting.
- Knowledge of forecasting tools.
- Experience using a CRM system.
Compensation includes a base salary commensurate with experience and a performance-based bonus opportunity. We offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K and more. The Daily Hampshire Gazette is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette is a Newspapers of New England media company based in Northampton, MA. One of the oldest newspapers in the country, the Gazette has a long history of award winning journalism and community leadership. If you are interested in joining a quality news organization please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Posted July 2017
The Republican-American of Waterbury, Conn. seeks an energetic sports media pro who is ready to help create a new way to consume sports information. If you are a multi-skilled sports journalist with experience in both print production and digital media, plus an open-minded outlook at exploring new challenges and opportunities in journalism, this is a good fit for you. Web skills (just about anything short of coding), social media adeptness and the ability to tell stores through video are necessary. If you are interested in being a key part of a strategy to help consumers digest the huge amount of material coming at them every day, and are able to spot sports trends before they become traditions, tell us how you’ve done it. EEO.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with SPORTS REPORTER in the subject line.
Posted July 2017
Part-Time Distribution Drivers– based in Auburn, MA
Seeking Distribution Drivers to work 20-25 hours per week, four-hour shifts available seven days per week. Hours worked are between 9:00 p.m.-4:00 a.m. Company truck (26 foot straight truck) provided. Standard Class D driver’s license needed (CDL preferred, but not required). Pick up pallets of papers and deliver to various distribution depots. Excellent driving record required. Must be able to pass DOT physical. Reliability and detail oriented focus required. Interested and qualified candidates can apply in person at the GateHouse Media New England office at 475 Washington Street, Auburn or e-mail resume to email@example.com
Part-Time Weekend Spare District Driver-based in Braintree, MA
For the Enterprise a Spare District Driver makes deliveries to stores, vending machines and other various outlets. A Driver is responsible for following and completing a specific route in a timely manner. Ability to lift bundles of newspapers weighing up to 40 lbs. repetitively. A Spare District Driver is required to pass a DOT physical. 2 day work schedule – Saturday and Sunday early morning (1:00 a.m.-6:30 a.m.), 11 hours per week. Interested and qualified candidates can apply in person at the GateHouse Media New England office at 135 Bay State Drive, Braintree, MA or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Distribution Driver-based in Braintree, MA
For the Patriot Ledger the Distribution Driver is responsible to make deliveries to Stores and Honor Boxes (single copy) as well as drops to some Carrier Routes or third party vendors. They may also be involved in collections as assigned. A Driver is responsible for following and completing a specific route in a timely manner. Must have a valid Mass. license with a good driving record. Must pass a DOT physical. Interested and qualified candidates can apply in person at the GateHouse Media New England office at 135 Bay State Drive, Braintree, MA or e-mail resume to email@example.com
Full-Time Press Operators, Assistant Press Operators-based in Auburn, MA
Goss Community or Urbanite experience preferred. Martin and Enkel zero-speed roll stands. Willing to train other cold-web press operators. General Help Position also available for the right person. Must have an excellent mechanical aptitude. Prior experience working on machinery is a plus. In-house step program designed for employee growth in the department. Salary based on experience. If interested e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 781-433-6947 or stop by to complete an application at the GateHouse Media New England office at 475 Washington Street, Auburn, MA.
Part-Time General Help-based in Auburn, MA
Also seeking help in Distribution Center in Auburn on part-time basis. Working with mechanical insertation machines, counting, bundling, stacking and package product for shipment to various locations. If interested e-mail resume to email@example.com or via fax at 781-433-6947 or stop by to complete an application at the GateHouse Media New England office at 475 Washington Street, Auburn, MA.
Full-Time Inserter Operator-based in Auburn, MA
Newstec SLS1000 experience preferred. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and be capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment. Prior experience in newspaper inserting a plus. If interested e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 781-433-6947 or stop by to complete an application at the GateHouse Media New England office at 475 Washington Street, Auburn, MA.
Posted July 2017
NIGHT LOCAL DESK & WEB EDITOR
Keep our news report timely and useful right up to deadline; push our online reporting to new levels; and be a big player in publishing and growing rep-am.com. The Republican-American of Waterbury, Conn. seeks a night local desk and web editor. This editor runs the local news desk at night with one foot planted in print and the other online, handling breaking news and late stories for rep-am.com, print and social media. Duties include editing copy, managing the local news report and staff at night, proofing pages, freshening up social media, and publishing that night’s local news online. This editor strives to find creative ways to present, supplement and expand our reporting online and also manages election planning and helps with enterprise ideas and projects. Your day starts at 3 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits at this locally-owned company include 401K, competitive health plan. Email portfolio, resume and letter that includes the one standout reason you’re the best candidate, with LOCAL NEWS EDITOR in your subject line, to email@example.com.
Posted July 2017