- NENPA University
JEFNE Board Members
Randy Capitani, Publisher
Deerfierld Valley News
NE Scholastic Press Assoc.
Bank of America
NENPA awards up to 10 scholarships each year to aspiring journalists through its Journalism Education Foundation of New England. Our foundation strives to encourage and support young people who plan to enter the newspaper field.
College students or high school seniors who are studying and acquiring work experience that will prepare them to work in the field of journalism are eligible to apply.
2013 JEFNE Scholarship Winners
Hopkinton High School
Cheshire High School
Penn State University
Application Qualifications for JEFNE Scholarship
To qualify for a JEFNE Scholarship students must:
- Be a resident of New England
- Be a senior in high school planning to attend college the following year or a college student studying journalism or a related field
- Have a GPA of 2.3 or above
- Demonstrate a serious interest in a career in journalism by sending the following materials:
• cover letter, transcript, resume or biography, letter of recommendation,
AND one of the following:
• a body of published work in a school news publication, general circulation newspaper, or a similar publication OR
• a body of work prepared for a journalism class OR
• an essay of at least 1,000 words describing your journalistic interests and values
For more information, please contact: