- NENPA University
NENPA maintains this job bank for journalists, editors, publishers, journalism photographers, newspaper ad sales, and more. Find or post all newspaper-related jobs and journalism jobs here. Browse through newspaper employment opportunities that are available throughout New England.
Posting a Job
Member newspapers may post journalism and newspaper job openings for FREE.
Non-members may also post job openings.
Cost: $400 per listing
For more information, please contact:
Current Job Listings
Account Executive -- Providence Business News
Providence Business News, the regions only local paid business weekly seeks a pro to handle named accounts and of course, build the territory using superior prospecting and closing skills. Category exclusive opportunity means you hunt with your fellow salespeople, not against them. We have a highly tenured staff and this position was recently expanded to attract a high quality candidate.
- Minimum of 3 years (B2B preferred)Media Sales experience
- Track record of success.
- Intense prospecting skills. (whether or not you actually like it)
- Ability to work independently.
- Digital on-line sales experience.
- Ability to package solutions to maximize advertiser’s investments in our brand solutions.
We offer a great commission package and a start up package. ALL of our sales team has been here at least 5 years, we don’t turn and burn. We attract self directed, self motivated team players. Good benefit package available including partially paid healthcare, dental 401K and parking.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Christopher Santilli, VP Sales and Marketing, Providence Business News, 400 Westminster Street, Suite 600, Providence, RI 02903. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted March 2014 (lt)
We are seeking a Managing Editor for our six-day (11,000 circulation) daily newspaper located in a historic and picturesque New England town.Our managing editor position is a hands-on leadership job. If you have a passion for newspapers, strong management and pagination skills, and a willingness to personally cover the occasional story, this position could be for you! IT, photography and website skills are a big plus. You must possess a minimum of five years experience. Pay range is in the lower $40s.
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or mail to:
New England Newspaper & Press Association
Attn: Managing Editor Box 0214
370 Common St., Suite 319
Dedham, MA 02026
Posted February 2014 (drk)
Foster's Daily Democrat, an award winning, hard-working, small daily newspaper based in Dover, N.H., is taking applications for a full-time reporter. College degree in journalism or commensurate professional experience preferred. Entry-level candidates encouraged, particularly those enthusiastic about finding and telling a good story on multiple platforms with words, photos and videos. Send resume and cover letter to Rodney G. Doherty, Executive Editor, Foster's Daily Democrat, 150 Venture Drive, Dover, NH 03820. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted February 2014 (lt)
Account Executive -- Union Leader
The New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News, New Hampshire’s statewide daily newspaper and premier website, have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to sell print, direct mail and digital advertising solutions in the Manchester, New Hampshire area.
The experienced outside sales professionals will solicit new and existing local advertisers within defined geographic areas, sell core newspaper and digital products and influence advertising buys through written and visual presentations and proposals.
- Meet sales targets and generate revenue by selling advertising products and services
- Selling directly to small and medium-sized businesses
- Keeping up to date with SEM, SEO, Mobile, Social marketing services
- Establish, maintain and grow consultative relationships with clients
- Develop new leads by cold calling and making appointments
- Present ideas and solutions that meet client needs, often in a face-to-face setting
- Deliver exceptional customer service to clients
- Oversee your clients’ campaigns and communicate results to them
- Minimum of 3 years Media Sales experience with proven track record of success
- Excellent communication and customer services skills
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Digital sales experience
- Knowledge of digital solutions
- Knowledge of New Hampshire small and medium-sized businesses
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
This is a salary plus commission position with a full benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Retail Advertising Manager
Union Leader Corporation
100 William Loeb Drive
Manchester, NH 03108
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Posted January 2014 (drk)
Advertising Director -- The Chronicle
Tired of the corporate culture?
The Chronicle is a 6-day-a-week daily newspaper covering 17 communities in eastern Connecticut. We are family owned and operated, and our news focus is hyper-local. Besides our daily, we publish a 23,000 circ weekly paper and a host of town booklets. We are also a commercial printer for many town and school publications, including UConn’s Daily Campus.
We are looking for the right individual to lead our talented outside sales team . This is an active management position (not a paper pusher job) and we are looking to grow and develop our ad business.
* A hands on approach , including spending some time on the road.
* Ability to evaluate, train, motivate and mentor.
*Sales development orientation and problem solving abilities.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to plan and evaluate sales efforts.
* Strong organizational skills.
What we offer:
* Not a corporate culture. All decisions are made locally.
* Strong company support.
* Competitive compensation and benefits.
Email cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to Raymond Roy, General Manager at email@example.com, or mail to Raymond Roy, The Chronicle, P.O. Box 148, Willimantic, CT 06226.
Posted January 2014 (lt)
FRONT END WEB DESIGNER/DEVELOPER
- Design, manage and continually evolve online aesthetics to improve The Day’s web presentation layer using the latest responsive/adaptive web design approaches.
- Create efficient graphical user interfaces, templates and widgets that engage our audience and foster content discovery.
- Perform website optimization for performance enhancement, troubleshooting, testing and support of web applications.
- Partner with other teams to integrate and troubleshoot third-party solutions such as Google AdSense; Google DFP; Google Analytics and ClickShare user authentication.
- Create and maintain coding best practices, and ensure cross training is in place to allow for 24-7 support of news and information delivery.
- Must possess excellent design skills with 3+ years of hands-on experience writing W3C compliant HTML 5 and CSS.
- Experience developing cross-platform and cross-browser compatible sites for IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience with debugging tools such as Firebug, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Understanding of concepts and trends in the field of web marketing.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- eCommerce and mobile web development experience a plus, as is experience with PHP & MySQL and/or ASP.NET, MS SQL Server and Visual studio.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of front-end Web Design experience.
- Sample works and/or website portfolio good to see.
Please submit resume to: The Day Publishing Company, P.O. Box 1231, New London, CT 06320, ATTN: Human Resources, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (860) 443-6322
Posted January 2014 (drk)
Legal reporter sought
An experienced print/web reporter sought to cover the courts and legal community in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Must be able to generate enterprising story ideas that are relevant for a readership made up of lawyers and judges, and then be able to report and write those (typically complex) stories in a clear and compelling way. The position requires several years of full-time reporting experience and a strong working knowledge of the law and legal system. Please email cover letter with salary requirements, resume and clips to email@example.com.
Posted January 2014 (lt)
DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT & MARKETING COORDINATOR to work in our Concord, NH office.
This position will help implement solutions that help us push our online products into the future, from both an advertising and editorial perspective.
Our company, Newspapers of New England, Inc. (NNE), runs four daily newspapers (Concord Monitor, Valley News, The Recorder and Daily Hampshire Gazette) and delivers news and commercial information to tens of thousands of readers every day. Ideally, you have an interest in social media, digital advertising, marketing, and how people will consume news in the future. You will contribute proactively, independently and collaboratively with other technical and non-technical staff members to complete short- and long-term projects.
Preferred qualities consist of a combination of:
● Ability to juggle a lot of things at once, and not get flustered or frustrated - we need someone who can calmly work through problems when they happen.
● Experience with social media, marketing strategies, and engaging a digital audience.
Areas of familiarity should include some of the following:
● Social media strategy implementation and planning.
● Building audience engagement using social media.
● E-mail marketing and e-mail list development.
● Mobile strategy.
You’ll be part of a small team, NNE Digital, that has to be adaptable to changes in technology, news delivery and advertising. We’re looking for someone who is smart, interested in the world and flexible of mind. NNE offers benefits, a team focused work environment and job growth potential. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, salary history and salary requirements to: Chris Reinhardt, creinhardt @ nnenews . com, referencing “Digital Engagement & Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please. NNE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted January 2014 (drk)