Each fall the New England Newspaper and Press Association recognizes extraordinary journalists and newspapers throughout New England.
The annual New England Newspaper of the Year awards luncheon honors the very best newspapers in the region as well as the recipients of NENPA’s annual Publick Occurrences awards, the New England First Amendment Award, the Allan B. Rogers Editorial Award, the AP Sevellon Brown Journalist of the Year Award, and the Bob Wallack Community Journalism Award.
NENPA members are invited to submit entries for these prestigious awards. The deadline to submit entries is July 18, 2019. Entries must be in the NENPA office by 4pm.
- The Newspaper of the Year award is a unique competition unlike any other designation of this sort in the newspaper industry. The winners are judged by the audience and panels of newspaper readers decide upon the winners.
- The Publick Occurences award recognizes the very best work that New England newspapers produce each year— whether it’s individual or team stories, series, spot news coverage, columns or photojournalism that ran in print and/or online.
- The New England First Amendment award is presented to a New England newspaper for the exceptional quality of its reporting, editorials, commentary or legal challenges that illuminate or uphold the First Amendment or educate the public about it.
- The Allan B. Roger Editorial award recognizes the best editorial of the year in New England. The competition is open to local subject editorials from a wide variety of newspapers in New England, regardless of circulation size and frequency of publication.
- The AP Sevellon Brown Journalist of the Year award is bestowed by the New England Society of News Editors, and it recognizes an individual for producing journalism of distinction in New England this past year.
- The Bob Wallack Community Journalism award recognizes an individual who has an exceptional record of commitment to community journalism.
For more information please contact Christine Panek at email@example.com. The winners will be honored at the New England Newspaper Conference, which will be held on Thursday October 10, 2019 at the AC Hotel Marriott, in Worcester, MA (a new location this year).