The New England Newspaper and Press Association awards up to 10 scholarships each year to aspiring journalists through the Journalism Education Foundation of New England. Our foundation strives to encourage and support young people who plan to pursue a career in the newspaper industry.
To qualify students must:
- Be a resident of New England
- Be a senior in high school planning to attend college the following year or an undergraduate college student studying journalism or a related field
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate a serious interest in a career in journalism by sending:
• a cover letter, transcript, resume or biography, letter of recommendation, AND
• a body of published work in a school news publication, general circulation newspaper, or a similar publication AND/OR
• a body of work prepared for a journalism class
The deadline to apply is March 8, 2019.